One of the key resources for a firm to achieve growth is the recruitment of apt manpower. If they miss out on choosing the right candidate, they have already lost half the battle to success. It becomes really important to get help of consultancy firms to help choose the right candidates for a profile. Today, we are going to talk about one such firm – Huma Quest. Recently, we had a conversation with the founder & MD of Huma Quest – Sujoy Ghosh. Here are the excerpts:
Revopreneur: What goal do you have for the company?
Sujoy Ghosh: We would like to be recognized as the “Leader in leadership Hiring “in Indian Healthcare & Lifesciences space as Industries’ most preferred Hiring partner. We have already progressed a lot towards this endeavor by 2020 since our inception in August 2013. However, now we need to consolidate our Leadership in Leadership Hiring space across Healthcare & Life sciences domains including Diagnostics Industry, Medical Device Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Biotech Industry, Clinical Research Organization, Healthcare delivery and Corporate Hospitals, Healthcare IT, Health Insurance Industry.
Revopreneur: Describe your journey and the major milestones.
Sujoy Ghosh: HumaQuest Consulting India Pvt Ltd
- Started its operation in Nov 2012 as a Franchise of a Mumbai based consulting firm.
- In August 2013 it has started its own operation by forming and registering in Govt of Corporate Affairs as a ‘Pvt Ltd Company’ and launched its focused presence in Healthcare Industry.
- Started in a small 200 sq ft areas in 2012 and by 2014, we have shifted our office space to a most happening central corporate location of Kolkata (In Park Street area) and grown significantly by partnering with some of the Industry Leaders in Pharmaceuticals, Diagnostocs & Healthcare space like Sun Pharma, Cipla, Abbott, SRL, Dr Lal Path Labs, Metropolis, Suburban Diagnostics, Medgenome, Stelis Bio Pharma, Sandoz-Novartis ,Synegene-Biocon etc.
- By 2018, we have our own state of the art corporate office at Silicon Valley of India, Sector V Salt Lake where all major IT & Corporate hubs are located. We have purchased an office space on 10th Floor of SIDCO Global Tower at Sector V, Salt Lake in a prominent location near to Airport where all kinds of communication and corporate facilities are available.
- In 2020, we have been recognized as one of the top HR and Executive Search firm & Leadership Hiring company in India.
Revopreneur: What was the modus operandi to get to where you are today?
Sujoy Ghosh: The principles of our business which has helped us where we have achieved today are as follows.
- Quality Deliverables
- Prompt Turnaround time
- Knowledge about the business and Healthcare practices
- High level of integrity, mutual trust with driven value system
- Recruiting right talents and coaching and training them to carry out the job efficiently.
- Consolidate on relationship with existing clients and make them happy so that these clients or their employees give us maximum business and when they move to other company, we are their natural choice due to their experience of serving them efficiently as per expectation with promptness and quality.
- Strong follow up, objective orientation and Goal setting at different levels and monitoring and driving the same.
- Reward, recognition, and engagement of employees including unwinding and fun session.
Revopreneur: What have been the biggest challenges you have had to overcome?
Sujoy Ghosh: The biggest challenges we faced when we just formed the organization way back in 2013 and started reaching out to Big corporate (Mostly in Mumbai, Gurgaon or Bangalore) for tie ups and we were based at Kolkata and that too a start up however, with our concerted effort, we received some challenging work from some of the top Pharma, diagnostics companies in India. They shared profiles which other big consulting firm couldn’t close for more than 12 months and they just shared with us probably thinking we may not able to do that as big players in our segments also yet to fulfill those requirements but since we have no option but to prove our credentials, we have brought some of those Leadership talents from abroad to India and thus started getting recognition for HumaQuest brand name to Industry and since then there was no looking back for our growth.
Revopreneur: What are your outside interests?
Sujoy Ghosh: I would always like to connect with people of any age groups. I love listening to different kind of songs starting from Rabindra sangeet, folk, Modern songs, Ghazal, spiritual and Bhaktigeet too. I am a foodie and like to try any kind of Nonveg food of any cuisine including sea food.
Revopreneur: What’s the biggest factor that has helped you be successful?
Sujoy Ghosh: Determination, can do attitude, SMART Goal setting and driving the Goal in smaller time-oriented manner, checking progress, creating options, finding solutions, overcoming obstacles, road map and forecast and above all believe in self and to the team and focus on only work and leave result to God and she has always helped to make us a Winner.
Revopreneur: Who has been your role model and what have you learnt from that person?
Sujoy Ghosh: I did my schooling from Ramakrishna Mission., the power that I have seen in Swami Vivekananda message and in his bold thoughts and speech …always makes me feel I can do anything and everything. he is extremely powerful legendary Leader and still relevant for Indian Youth at any time.
“Arise… Awake … until the Goal is Reached. Swami Vivekananda “- I follow this manta.
Revopreneur: What do you do when you are not at work?
Sujoy Ghosh: I love to unwind with my childhood friends where there is no caution, no formality… its complete unwinding spending time with childhood friends … other than that…families …they are just a source of rejuvenation. spending time with kids are always refreshing …and I also love to travel for leisure as well as business trip.
Revopreneur: What are the most important decisions you make as a leader of your organization?
- Drive change
- Customer focus
- Out of the box delivery plans for each project.
- Financial planning and assessment and balance of demand & supply sides.
Revopreneur: How do you encourage creative thinking within your organization?
Sujoy Ghosh: Creative thinking can be encouraged within the organization in following way:
- Through encouraging participative management in decision making process
- Share the best practices and sharing of individual success story.
- Encourage out of the box thinking by reducing too stringent operations SOPs.
- Create options through team by inculcating an open environment to foster flat organogram so that without fear people can try out new things.
- Encourage learnings from mistakes /failures/challenges.
Revopreneur: What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
Sujoy Ghosh: During inception of the organization, leaving a Leadership role in Mumbai with a fat salary and perquisites and coming back to Kolkata with zero salary and a small startup office space is itself the biggest risk and huge challenge in my life when I was just 42 and left the job when I was about to reach the peak to take up CXO level job at Leadership level in Big corporates.