Spotify was founded by Daniel Ek in the year 2008. It is a market leader in online music streaming category giving a head-on fight to the likes of Apple Music and Amazon Music. How this revolutionary company was founded, let’s start to know more about Spotify.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is an audio music streaming app. The platform is retained by Spotify AB, a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Excahnge since 2018 by means of its holding company Spotify technology S.A. based in Luxembourg.
How Spotify changed the technique that we used to listen to music?
Spotify has revolutionised how we listen to music. From mood playlists to machine learning algorithms, the streaming service has become the definitive tastemakers.
We have traversed all the way from the era of Cassettes, CD, utorrent, iPod to Spotify. They are the platforms where we consumed or still consume music. Spotify offers digital copyright recorded podcasts, music and albums which includes more than 50 million songs, from record labels and media companies.
Spotify has client software available for Windows, Android and ioS tablets as well as smartphones. Spotify offers a proprietary protocol known as “Spotify connect”, which let listeners know music through a wide range of entertainment systems, including speakers, TVs, cars and smartphones. You can also save your stream for offline listening. In June 2017, Spotify was made available as an app through stores. Spotify gives you opportunities to be famous by showing your talent. All you have to do is make your channel on Spotify, and start posting anything that is related to audio like audiobooks, your songs, any beat, albums, etc.
10 useful Spotify features that maybe you haven’t started yet
- You can share your music that you’re listening on social media platforms like WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook etc.
- Premium package: If you subscribe to Spotify with premium version, you can listen all your songs without any hindrances of ads.
- Save on cellular data: A simply managed method is to use data saver option at the top of the Spotify screen settings. This sets the streaming music at low quality, and disable some other features to drain on data.
- You can share your tracks and your favourite playlist with a QR code.
- You can add Spotify to your Google maps app.
- The artists you don’t like to play you can mute their album, so that Spotify doesn’t show you again any suggestion regarding that artist.
- You can design your own playlist that you like. Suppose you like 3 of favourite songs, you can use repeat mode then Spotify will play only these 3 until you change their settings.
- If you’re subscribing to premium version of Spotify then you can use that on your 5 devices.
- You can switch devices with a tap.
- You can create your own channel or you can post your audio music.
What is fascinating about Daniel that at the age of eight, he started program. Day by day, he developed his skills. At the age of 14, when most of the boys of his age would spend time playing video games, Daniel started web designing. He used to develop website for companies and get paid for that. He started earning 10,000 pound per month. Before he finished his academic studies, he was a well-earned man already at that time. Then, he took admission in Royal Institute of Technology in engineering section. He didn’t consider his study that seriously because he was more interested in practical information.
In the year 2005, when he was 22, he started his advertising company (Advertigo). He started it with his own money that he earned from web designing. Then he also led the u-torrent office that was file sharing client that time. Then he started his own music streaming app named Spotify.
That’s all for our favourite streaming app Spotify. I hope this article helped you to know some interesting things about Spotify.