Whenever we hear word “Bihar”, we start judging the state on its peculiar culture, different types of languages and the origin of cheap labor. But Bihar is much more than this. Bihar is underrated despite having some of the eye-catchy places. In this article, you’ll get to know some of the beautiful places that is located nowhere but in Bihar.
What is Bihar?
When it comes to visiting astounding places, Bihar has some really amazing places to offer. The history of Bihar is one of the most varied in India. Here you’ll get one of the oldest cultures ever and epics of ancient India. Bihar is not only famous for its “litti chokha” but has many things to explore. One of the popular festivals “Chhat Puja”, which is celebrated worldwide, is the biggest festival of Bihar. You can experience some amazing local tastes here. Bihar is the birthplace of Mata Janki (Sita).
Apart from this, let’s have a look at top 10 places to visit in Bihar:
Top 10 places to visit in Bihar
Here is our list of top 10 places in Bihar where you can visit.
- Gaya: Gaya is one of the most famous places in Bihar. It is known for Bodhgaya, one of the most vital Buddhist pilgrimage spots. Here you’ll see some amazing temples, statues and the beauty of nature.
- Nalanda: One of the oldest universities in India, Nalanda is an important place to visit in Bihar. Also, if you’re attracted to old museums and music, you should visit Nalanda at least once.
- Sitamarhi: The birthplace of Mata Janki (Sita), it is fast becoming an emerging business hub and has some amazing malls and statutes of our freedom fighters of India.
- Patna: It is situated at the bank of the holy river Ganga. Patna is one of the largest cities in Bihar. Here you can see one of the oldest Gurudwaras.
- Madhubani: Madhubani is one of the serene places in Bihar. World famous for ancient Madhubani painting (also known as Mithila painting), here you can see some amazing paintings on walls, greenery and stupas.
- Bhagalpur: Bhagalpur is known as Buddhist learning center. Here you can see Buddhist monasteries, wall carvings etc.
- East champaran: Here you’ll see the tallest and largest Buddha stupa in India.
- Sultanpur: In Sultanpur, there is a place Barabar caves that claims to be the oldest rock-cut craves in India. Here you can see Buddhist and Jain art.
- Rajnagar: Rajnagar is situated near Madhubani in Bihar. Here you can see some beautiful gardens, ponds and temples.
- Pawapuri: In Pawapuri, there is a place Jalmandir you must visit once if you’re going to Bihar. Here you can see some amazing temples and many more exciting things.